It’s time to breathe life back into your hot tub, giddy-up! Let’s get right to it, here’s what you need to do.
- As always, read the manufacturer’s instructions prior to beginning.
- Make sure you have what you need for the job and allocate enough time to finish before you start.
- Check all hardware like unions, pump plugs, filters and jets to make sure you have them properly installed and adjusted as needed. It’s also a good idea to visually inspect all components for cracks or general signs of wear and tear.
- If you added antifreeze, drain and/or flush it from your pump(s) and then use a garden hose to flush the jets.
- Drain the accumulated water and clean the inside of the tub to get it ready for filling.
Once everything is squeaky clean, the next step is to fill your hot tub.
- Refill your hot tub with fresh water.
- Pro Tip – Consider using a filter on the end of your hose to filter out calcium and/or metals if your fill water has high levels.
- Test and balance your water in order to ensure it will stay crystal clear.
- Heat your hot tub and circulate for 24 hours, then test again and adjust as needed.
- Once your water is balanced it’s time to enjoy the fruits of your labor and go for a nice safe and relaxing soak with friends and family!
For more detailed information and tips about how to winterize your hot tub, you can also reference this helpful video.